The future of Lublin’s streets | “Revitalisation with Residents” – a meeting
What does the future hold for Bernardyńska, Zamojska, Żmigród or Lubartowska streets? What do the residents want? How to reconcile different interests? Whose opinion is being taken account in developing these areas? Who is revitalisation for? What are the costs and what are the benefits for the current users/residents of these areas? How to reconcile the perspectives of cultural animators, social workers, local entrepreneurs, and residents?
Revitalization Act passed in 2015 introduced the requirement to carry out public consultations and activities that include diverse groups from redevelopment areas. This is what we are going to talk about during an open debate on Tuesday, 14 June between 16:00-20:00 at Bernardyńska 11 Studio. The meeting will be an opportunity to get acquainted with revitalization strategies in other cities and to consider how to make use of the achievements of cultural animators, social institutions and civic initiatives in Lublin. We want to offer a space for interesting presentations of experts and for a discussion – every single voice matters!
- 16.00 – 17:00 greetings and introduction (coffee, lemonade, healthy pastries)
- 16.30 – 17:00 how to reinforce the perspectives of the residents? A short presentation on research methods and first conclusions drawn from observing the streets, on the potential directions to be taken as put forward by the residents and on the greatest surprises of during the pilot project that connected students of humanities and spatial development “ Raid of Winged Explorers on the District” .
- 17.00 – 18.00 panel discussion “Revitalisation with the residents”, moderator:: Anna Żelazowska Kosiorek (member of CAL i STOP), participants: Jolanta Woźnicka (Centrum OPUS – Łódź), Tomasz Szczepański (Grupa Pedagogów i Animatorów Ulicy GPAiS – Warsaw), Hubert Mącik (Historic Preservation Officer – Lublin), Ewa Kipta (the chairwoman of the Revitalisation Forum, Chief Programme Officer at the Marshal Office of the Lublin Voivodeship)
- 18.00-20.00 two parallel workshops
1) Jolanta Woźnicka – Revitalisation process in the context of building local partnerships; good ad bad practices in Łódź.
2) Tomasz Szczepański – Hot to make use of the local diagnosis? Experiences in street work with children and youth using methods developed by GPaIS (This workshop will take place in Dom Słów, ul. Żmigród 1).
Partners: Teren Otwarty – Open Territory, Warsztaty Kultury – Workshops of Culture, and Dom Słów
The project is financially supported by the City of Lublin within the programme Districts of Culture.